There Once was an Awesome Company Called Solstice…
…who provided dental, vision and life insurance to people. They started out small, but kept growing and growing and growing…and are STILL growing! How did they do it, you ask? How have they managed to successfully grow in a crowded health insurance scene?
That’s easy. Solstice is special. With our growth, we’ve managed to hang onto our intimate, one-of-a-kind, boutique-store-on-the-corner style of delivering insurance. We’re no homogenized, impersonal “big box” insurance company.
Think about the store analogy. In the boutique shop, the owner and employees are heavily and directly invested in the shop’s success—and work tirelessly to make sure their customers keep coming back. Big box stores, of course, have similar goals—but they lack the personal touch of a boutique.
At Solstice, we get it. People want a personal experience when it comes to their health—and they want flexibility. That’s what we give them...it’s quite simple actually!
What We Do.
Founded in 1998, Solstice is a privately-owned corporation that provides and administers DPPO, Prepaid/DHMO, ASO (Administrative Services Only), vision and life insurance benefits in Florida, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Tennessee and Texas. We are a South Florida-based company with more than 550,000 members.
Here’s where boutique can think outside the box. Solstice offers product flexibility that’s second to none. We can boast:
- Open-access network!
- No provider selection needed!
- Flexible plans with low minimum participation!
- No rosters!
- No waiting period!
- Single source billing!
With over 130,000 access points nationally, Solstice has one of the largest dental networks in Florida—and keeps growing! And best of all…our network is OPEN ACCESS. We do not capitate. Why? Because studies show that 50 percent of capitation plan participants aren’t satisfied with their plans. They also experience, on average, longer appointment delays.
Accreditations and Certifications.
In this business, we know nothing is more important than ensuring members are receiving quality of care. At Solstice, we make this happen through comprehensive utilization management, credentialing and quality management programs. We walk the walk and talk the talk, having developed systems that reinforce our commitment to excellence and continuously improve the delivery of dental care and services to our clients and members.
Our quality assurance is backed up by:
- Health Utilization Management (HUM) Accreditation from the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC)—Nonprofit health organization promoting healthcare quality by accrediting healthcare organizations
- SSAE-16 Certification—Ensures safeguards and protocols in our data integrity and recovery process
- Better Business Bureau Accreditation—Indicates our dedication to quality and excellence in our business practices
Solstice’s customers can sleep easy knowing they’ve chosen the right choice to protect valued and confidential information. We remain accountable to our members in providing first-rate service with dedication to strict internal processes.
Awards & Accolades.
It’s easy to say that we care about our customers and that we offer best in class service, but it speaks volumes when others agree. Check out Solstice’s bragging rights!
- 2011, 2012 and 2013 “Florida’s Best Companies to Work For” by Florida Trend
- Ranked No. 15 in the Insurance Industry on Inc. Magazine’s 2012 “America’s Fastest Growing Companies” list
- 2012 Hire Power Award by Inc. Magazine
- South Florida Healthiest Employer 2012, 2013 by South Florida Business Journal
- 2011, 2012 and 2013 American Heart Association National Fit-Friendly Platinum Level Organization
- 2012 Outstanding Website Award from the Web Marketing Association
- Hermes Awards: Judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry
- Platinum Award: Solstice Website – Content and Writing
- Gold Award: Solstice’s Dental Member Newsletter
- Gold Award: Solstice Corporate Website
- Honorable Mention: Solstice’s Dental Member Newsletter
- Communicator Awards: Largest and most competitive awards program honoring the creative excellence for communications professionals
- 2013 Silver Award of Distinction: Solstice Broker Newsletter Award; Category: Newsletter – Corporate
- 2013 Silver Award of Distinction: SolsticeBenefits.com Award; Category: Websites - Copy and Writing
For even more information on Solstice, check us out at www.SolsticeBenefits.com. We’ve got company and product info, blogs, resources, tools and much more! We’re a diamond in the rough…you’ll see!